Vacancy: Religious Worker
Organisation: Jamie Darus Sunnah London
The duties and responsibilities of the role;
To provide spiritual motivation and guidance, conduct worship according to the form of service of Islam and perform related functions associated with religious beliefs and practices. Prepares and delivers lecture and talks and support the imam to conduct congregation in worship. Provides and arranges the provision of religious instruction to congregation members.
Help and prepare for the 5 times prayers and Friday prayer provides pastoral care to members of the congregation those in need of spiritual or moral guidance. Undertakes administration and social duties as required.
– The skills, qualifications and experience required for the role.The candidate should be:
– Qualified Hafiz or Mawlana (Imam) from a reputable Islamic educational body in the UK or Abroad (not
mandatory but desirable if candidate has it)
– Have skills to recite (Qirraat) Quraan with establish principles of pronunciation (Makharij /Tajweed)
– Must be experienced to address congregational (Mandatory)
– Must speak Bengali (Mandatory)
Pay: £9 an hour
Contracted Hours: 39 Hours a week
Type of Contract: Temporary Contract – Maximum of 24 months
Accommodation is provided
Vacancy posted 2nd February 2021